SKINS GAME RULES
Laguna Woods Village—Tuesday Skins Game Player’s Guide
Purpose: Meet & play with different & new players for fun- competition-prizes.
Game Rules: 4 man Team Scramble.
1. The captain (A Player) selects the hitting order for all shots / holes..
2. "A" players use the white tees and "B", "C" & "D" players use the green tees (except on course 3-hole 1, "A" on blue tee & "B", "C" & "D" on white tee). Some "A” players may use the green tee as noted on the playing day’s team sheet. Use of some tees may be modified for a round.
3. A&B players must have a minimum of 3 tee shots each & 8 is the maximum. C&D must have a combined 4 tee shots & 8 each is the maximum.
4. The captain selects the best team ball for all shots.
The team ball may be moved up to 1 club length (max 46”), but no closer to the hole.
A player may play his ball either side of the team ball.
5. On par 5 holes the driver of the team ball cannot hit the 2nd shot as part of the team’s rotation. (This rule is not in effect for threesomes).
6. A team ball on the putting surface may be moved a maximum of 6”, but no closer to the hole.
7. If a par 3 hole is noted on the team sheet as “closest to the pin”, the distance of the measured ball is recorded on the score card. Note: the measured ball does not have to be used as the team ball / drive.
A team may only win ONE closest to the pin prize.
8, The driver of the team ball is recorded on the score card.
A $25.00 penalty may be assessed by the Skins Committee to signed up players not showing up & not canceling by 9am on Sunday of the week of play.
Teams are computer selected from a list of eligible signed up players using Sunday’s Ghin indexes.
Lowest Handicaps (25% of that days participants) will be assigned as
Captains (“A” Players)
Next lowest 25 % as “B” players ,
Next lowest 25 % as “C” players
Highest handicap as “D” players.
This may be adjusted by the Game Organizer to improve the team balances & experience.
Three Man Teams:
In the event a team ends up missing one player, the team can play without competing for prize money and players would not be charged $20 for that week. If the players want to compete for prizes they may play as a threesome , they must adhere to the following rules:
A&B players must have at least 3 drives each &
C or D player must have a minimum of 2 tee shots.
A 10 shot tee maximum for any player.
A team must continuously rotate the 4th player’s putt when all players are putting on or near a green. The extra putt cannot be made by the same player twice in a row.
No missing player shots are awarded from tee to green.
The team prizes won would be paid at 75% (each player collecting the same amount
they would have received with a full team).